Meet our UK Patient Coordinator – Mim Dickens
Hello and welcome! My name is Mim Dickens and I will be your UK & Ireland patient coordinator. I’m here to guide you through your cosmetic surgery journey. From your first enquiry right through to the completion of your one-year post-operative care. I will always be happy to assist you with any questions or queries you may have. I look forward to hearing from you and I am excited about helping you through every step of the way to a body you can be comfortable in.
Dr. Karlis Verdins, MD, Certified Cosmetic & Reconstructive surgeon, over 500 procedures annually
A highly acknowledged surgeon, with over 10 years’ experience in Cosmetic & Reconstructive surgery.
The surgeon performs over 500 procedures annually.
· Breast augmentation with and without implants
· Breast lift (Mastopexy), Breast reduction
· Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
· Eyelids, arm reduction
· Reconstructive microsurgical procedures, hand surgeries
12 Reasons to choose us
English speaking medical team
All of our medical personnel are fluent in the English language to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible during your cosmetic surgery journey with us.
A highly acknowledged cosmetic surgeon
Our head surgeon Dr Karlis Verdins MD, is highly acknowledged and has over ten years of experience in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr Karlis Verdins MD performs in the region of 500 surgical procedures every year and annually attends cosmetic surgeon meetings and congresses.
Luxury treatment for less
5-star treatment for half the price of the UK. With us you get an equivalent or higher standard of care than that of a private clinic in the UK, for just a fraction of the cost.
UK and Ireland patient coordinator
You get your very own UK based patient coordinator, who is dedicated to making your cosmetic surgery journey run as smoothly and as efficiently as possible. From the first point of contact right through to your one year follow up. Your coordinator will always be happy to answer any questions or queries, no matter how big or small.
Fresh and comfortable recovery rooms
With our luxury, bright and spacious en suite rooms, you’re sure to feel comfortable and at home during your stay with us at Cosmetic Surgery Riga.
24-hour monitoring and medical care
During your stay with us in a beautiful private floor of Jurmala hospital, you will be monitored day and night by our highly commended and experienced nursing and medical team.
Prompt appointment system
We do everything possible to meet your needs regarding arranging appointments. We could be ready to accept you for cosmetic procedures within as little time as a week after your surgeon’s review.
Help and support every step of the way
Your patient coordinator will be available to assist you by telephone or email, right up until your one year follow up post-surgery.
We can accommodate you and a friend should you choose to bring one along
You don’t have to go it alone, we can arrange for you to bring a friend or partner along to stay with you throughout your stay with us, for company or support.
Surgeon’s liability insurance
Our hospital provides surgeon’s liability insurance, for each cosmetic surgeon operating up to the value of 30 000 Euro.
Cheap and direct flights to Riga
With convenient and direct flights to Riga from the UK, operated by Ryanair, Wizz air and Air Baltic daily you’ll never be too far away from your dream cosmetic procedure.
Our patient reviews speak for themselves
Don’t just take our word for it! Read some of our glowing patient reviews.
Mini Tummy Tuck abroad!
Table of contents
- Everything You Should Know About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Why do People Choose the Mini Tummy Tuck?
- A Comparison of Mini Tummy Tuck Cost in Various European Cities
Everything You Should Know About Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery
The mini tummy tuck is a variation on the standard tummy tuck, also known by its medical name, abdominoplasty. Mini abdominoplasty is done using a much smaller incision and only fat and tissue from the area below the belly button is removed while the muscles are tightened. The mini tuck is sometimes referred to as being “scarless” although there will be a scar. It will simply be smaller than the standard tummy tuck scars and easily hidden.
Why do People Choose the Mini Tummy Tuck?
People choose to have the mini tuck for a number of reasons but mostly because it provides a quick, easy, affordable way to tighten areas of the mid-section that have resisted diet and exercise. Mini abdominal tightening surgery is not a substitute for a proper diet and exercise however. Still, if you have engaged in concerted efforts to lose that last bit of flab in your lower mid-section yet it stubbornly hangs on a mini tummy tuck might be exactly what the doctor ordered! Just keep in mind that if you have loose skin and/or excess fat and tissue above the navel area you should have a full abdominoplasty instead, as just tightening the area beneath the belly button in such circumstances will result in an unbalanced looking final result.
Who is a Good Candidate for This Procedure?
When fat accumulates between the pubic area and the navel it can be extremely stubborn. Try as they may most people are simply unable to rid themselves of this ‘spare tyre’. If this is the situation you find yourself in you may be a good candidate for this procedure. Keep in mind too that your chances of being a good candidate increase if you don’t have lots of excess fat and tissue above the navel, if you are in basically good health, if you are not obese and if you don’t smoke.
If you have had extensive surgery on your midsection or a full abdominoplasty before, you may not be a good candidate. But this will be determined in consultation with your surgeon. Also, since this procedure is typically performed under general anaesthesia, it’s important that you tell your surgeon if you are taking medication for any other medical conditions. This is because the medications may pose the threat of a negative interaction with the anaesthesia.
What are the Benefits of This Type of Surgery?
There are 3 notable benefits with this type of surgery as opposed the more traditional full procedure. They are:
- A smaller incision – This version of the abdominal tuck utilizes a much smaller incision than does the traditional full version of the surgery. This means scars from a mini tummy tuck are much smaller. In fact the scar associated with this procedure is typically so small the surgery is often referred to as being ‘scarless’. This is not entirely accurate as there will be some degree of scarring. However, it should be minor and easily hidden beneath a swimsuit bottom.
- No altering of the navel – With the full tuck the belly button area is often reworked to accommodate the newly tightened skin in the upper abdominal region. With the mini abdominal tuck no tissue above the belly button is affected so no reconstruction of the navel area is required. No reconstruction also means no scar around the belly button.
- Shorter recovery time – In most cases patients will be able to return to work in a week or less following this type of surgery. That’s about half the recovery time that’s associated with the full procedure. You won’t have to burn through all your holiday time and after just a couple of days you should be able to take care of yourself with no problem.
What are the Risks and Potential Complications?
No surgery, no matter how seemingly routine, is without risk and that goes for abdominoplasty as well. While the overt risks from this type of procedure are not great they are real, as are the possible complications that could arise afterward. The risks and complications of this type of restorative abdominal surgery include:
- Reaction to the anaesthesia.
- Excessive bleeding.
- Slow healing of the wound.
- Nerve damage.
- A greater than expected degree of scarring.
- Prolonged swelling following the procedure.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- A less than ideal aesthetic result.
- Possible need for revisions.
All risks and potential complications will be addressed by your surgeon in the lead up to the procedure. If you have any unanswered questions or concerns please feel free to bring them up at any time.
A Comparison of Mini Tummy Tuck Cost in Various European Cities
Below is a table comparing the cost of this procedure in various European cities.
As you can see there are substantial financial benefits associated with having your procedure at Cosmetic Surgery Riga. The most important thing to remember is that, while mini tummy tuck prices in the UK are several times higher than ours, there is no increase in quality for all that extra money. Which is one big reason so many UK residents opt to undergo the procedure with us.
Why You Should Choose Cosmetic Surgery Riga
While the prices listed above present a compelling financial case for choosing Cosmetic Surgery Riga for your abdominal slimming procedure there are other, equally valid reasons to call our UK patient coordinator and arrange a date for your mini tummy tuck. They are:
- A world class surgical staff – Our team at Cosmetic Surgery Riga is comprised of some of the best, most experienced plastic surgeons in Northern Europe. They have trained for many years in the best medical schools on the continent and served residencies in the major capitals of the West. They are the equal of any surgeon on the NHS payroll and take a back seat to no one when it comes to ability and surgical expertise.
- Immediate service – The NHS have many highly respected surgeons at their disposal but actually getting in to see one can be a case study in frustration. In some cases the waiting list for surgery can be up to a year long. Contrast that with Cosmetic Surgery Riga where you can call our UK patient coordinator Lacey Dickens today on 02071019514 and be at the Jurmala Hospital just outside Riga in a couple of weeks undergoing your procedure.
- A world class support staff – In many cases the quality of the medical experience one has is determined by their interactions with the support staff. If they’re surly or distant it can make you feel less comfortable and confident. Everyone at Cosmetic Surgery Riga has been selected by us with 2 things in mind: their level of qualification and their bedside manner. You’ll find everyone speaks English, everyone is ready and willing to help and everyone is happy to answer your questions and address your concerns. You’ll never feel like an afterthought.
- Convenience – When people in the UK think of Riga (if they think of Riga), they tend to think of it being quite far afield. That’s not at all the case however. Riga is a mere 2 1/2 hours by air from London, which means it’s closer than Budapest or Athens and about the same distance from the British capital as southern Spain.
When you choose to undergo your abdominal tightening surgery at Cosmetic Surgery Riga you are not only paying a fraction of the mini tummy tuck cost in the UK, you are getting outstanding medical care in a state-of-the-art facility that is the equal of anything you’ll find in London or Manchester or Glasgow or Dublin.
A Few Words About Riga Itself
Riga was largely out of the European conversation for a good part of the 20th century due to the vagaries of Cold War politics. In the past quarter century however Riga has been reborn and rediscovered by the world. What people who come here find is a city with a rich, proud and varied history dating back more than 2,000 years. Today, Riga has one of the most highly developed digital infrastructures on the planet, is one of the busiest seaports in Northern Europe, is home to many EU related agencies and regularly hosts world class cultural and sporting events. The centre of Riga is also a World Heritage site thanks to its collection of stunning architectural treasures.
- How long before I see any positive result from this surgery? – You should see the results of your surgery almost immediately after it concludes. Certainly, within a few days as any swelling subsides you’ll notice a significantly flatter and firmer abdominal region.
- How do I prepare for this type of surgery? – Preparing for this type of surgery does not require any extraordinary effort on your part. In effect all you’ll need to do is bring some comfortable, loose clothing with you! .Also make sure not to smoke in the period before or after surgery.
- Do the doctors in Latvia speak English? – Of course. Many have studied for long years at the top medical schools in the West and spent many more years perfecting their craft in places like London. Every surgeon at Cosmetic Surgery Riga speaks fluent English.
- What is the mini tummy tuck recovery time? – With this type of procedure, you can usually return to work within a week of undergoing surgery. Keep in mind though that if your job requires physical exertion you may be advised to wait a couple of weeks and then ease back into your regular duties over time.
- How long will the results last? – If you maintain a proper diet and exercise regularly there is no reason the results should not last indefinitely. If you gain a large amount of weight and neglect your health however, you will definitely undermine the surgical results.
- Is there any other way I can obtain a slim and firm abdomen? – During your consultation with the surgeon it will be determined if you are better served with a mini or full abdominal tuck procedure. Diet and exercise regimes can also be discussed that should help you maintain a slender midsection.
- How much is a mini tummy tuck? – See the above chart to find out just how affordable it is to have your surgery at Cosmetic Surgery Riga. While UK mini tummy tuck cost can be prohibitive, at Cosmetic Surgery Riga it is reasonably enough priced that it is available to almost everyone who wants or needs it.
A mini tummy tuck is a way to restore a flat, firm, attractive mid-section to those who have struggled to rid themselves of an unwanted abdominal bulge. It’s a fast, relatively low impact procedure that typically yields dramatic, sustainable results. And when you undergo the procedure at Cosmetic Surgery Riga you’ll save a boatload of money and see no drop off in quality. So call our UK patient coordinator Mim Dickens today on 07551443777 or 02071019514 and put yourself on course to a flatter, more attractive mid-section.